We cannot deny the fact that the use of smartphones and tablets has reached its peak. Almost every person around the world uses a smartphone to carry out the majority of his tasks. The advancement in this technology has revolutionized the way people live. Today, with a smartphone, the entire world is just a click away!
The major use of mobile phones is ‘Searching.’ Phones are being used for every minute task, ‘searching information’ being the most prominent of them.A major portion of web traffic is through mobile phones, and thus, it is important for every website to be optimized for smartphone use. However, you can still find many websites that do not support smartphone usage aren’t optimized.
Today, the organizations take every care to ensure that they develop a mobile responsive website. Well, if that is so, then why do we generally overlook the importance of mobile SEO?
Google is the most popular search engine all around the globe. It was initially designed to be used on desktop computers and PCs. However, Google recently declared that it had changed the indexing mechanism of the websites. Google suggests that the websites should now be updated to be operated on both PCs and mobile phones.
The most important updates that you must make to your website are:
- Both mobile sites and desktop sites must be served with structured markup.
- This markup should be verified on both mobile and desktop sites.
- Avoid adding irrelevant markups.
- Googlebot must be able to index and crawl the website.
Here is the complete Guide to Mobile SEO by Google:
1. Optimizing the Website for Mobile users:
Keyword research and customized content for mobile users are the two most important elements of mobile Search Engine Optimization. Even though the mobile access of the websites is one of the most important factors, it is often neglected while developing the websites. As a result, organizations design their websites only for desktop use.
An essential consideration while creating the web is the type of audience. Create your website with your target audience in mind, and it will help you attract more traffic.
Another factor to consider while designing the website for mobile use is the lack of Search Engine Result Page (SERP). One must know that the SERP is way smaller on a mobile than on desktop or tablets. A tip is to be as concise as you can be in the title tags and other metadata. Another thing besides title tags and metadata is the schema markup which is used to help show rich snippets on SERPs of mobile phone for clearer visibility.
According to Google, an important factor in designing the websites is the pages peed. A slow website can lose a lot of valuable visitors resulting in a lighter traffic. Google itself has worked in this area for the last couple of years to let its users have an unhindered searching experience.
2. Design of a Website for Mobile Users:
According to Google, “To improve the mobile search experience, after January 10, 2017, pages where content is not easily accessible to a user on the transition from the mobile search results may not rank as highly.” In this statement, Google emphasizes the point that intrusive pop-ups and interstitial must be avoided as much as possible. If you decide to use pop-ups, make sure that the major content of your website is not taken up by the pop-ups. One common problem that mobile users face while using websites that are not designed for mobile use is accidental clicks. The elements for mobile users should be easily clickable.
3. Technical Elements for Mobile Use:Google adds, if run technically, can make a website mobile friendly. Here are the three important techniques that can help you with it:
1) Responsive Design:This technique, regardless of the device of the user, uses the same URL for the same HTML code. It changes the display for the mobile user according to the size of the screen. It is a design pattern highly recommended by Google.
2) Dynamic ServingLike the responsive design, dynamic serving regardless of the device of the user uses the same URL but unlike responsive design, it generates a different version of HTML according to the device types.
3) Separate URLsUnlike the above-mentioned techniques, this technique uses different code for each device using different URLs. This is useful in detecting the device of the user and then opens the respective page which is compatible with the specific device.
4. Mobile SEO: The Core of Digital Strategy
To provide the website visitors from mobile devices have a proper searching experience on their devices, one must make sure that the mobile website is properly optimized. Google is experimenting on the mobile index. Meanwhile, the websites should update their mobile versions.
This was the guide for mobile optimization of websites for the year 2017 according to Google, the expert itself. Such huge emphasis is being made on mobile friendly websites because this generation is the tech generation and uses mobile phones for almost every task. Major searching is carried out by people on phones because it is quicker and easier. This trend is increasing at such a crazy pace that it has become essential for every organization to update its websites and make them mobile responsive so as to draw traffic from mobile phone users. If the users don’t have a good experience on a website,it is very likely that they won’t be visiting it again soon.
So, for all the businesses, who seek to market themselves and get traffic through websites, mobile optimization is the need of the hour. It will not only benefit the owner but the user as well. If you are looking to hire a freelance SEO consultant India, call us. We have the best SEO consultants who can help you optimize your website and make it mobile responsive. So, what are you waiting for? Hire Freelancer SEO Expert now!